MANDATE OF THE COMMITTEE
The committee will oversight on:
- Formulation, implementation and monitoring of agricultural legislations, regulations and policies in Embu County.
- Monitor and promote standards including good Agricultural practices
- Provision of agricultural extension services
- Promote value addition and farming agribusiness in Embu County
- Supporting agricultural technology development and dissemination.
- Development, implementation and co-ordination of agricultural programmes in the County
- Regulating and quality control of inputs, produce and products from the Agriculture
- Management and control of pests and diseases in crops
- Promote management and conservation of the natural resource base
- Collecting, maintaining and managing information on agriculture in the County
- Training of farmers through ATC Embu
- Agricultural Mechanization services
- Mainstreaming cross cutting issues and climate change mitigation and adoption in Agriculture
- Implementation, Monitoring and Evaluation of Anima1 health related policies, Strategies, and Legal Framework.
- Management, control and eradication of animal diseases and pests including zoo noses in collaboration with other stakeholders.
- Laboratory diagnostic services and disease surveillance
- Provision and facilitation of extension services in animal health, welfare and production.
- Development and co-ordination of projects and programs in anima1 health sect
- Information management for the animal health
- Veterinary regulatory management and quality control of inputs, livestock,
Livestock products and byproducts.
- Veterinary Public
- Management and conservation of the animal genetic resource base and biodiversity.
- Promote the development of livestock and livestock product based industries for rural development.
- Formulate County livestock policies and programmes and implement specific national policies, programmes and agreements
- Promote livestock production including emerging livestock species
- Provide advisory services in animal husbandry and community mobilization for livestock development
- collaborate and liaise with mandated research centres and set County livestock production research agendas
- Develop and implement relevant guidelines on animal and forage genetic resource Conservation
- Manage livestock production information in the County
- Enforce national standards and promote development of County livestock production Standards
- Develop disaster preparedness, management and mitigation strategies in livestock production in the County
- Enforce County legislation on land use for livestock production and promote sustainable use of natural resources for livestock development
- Promote commercially oriented livestock production and value addition in the County
- Planning, monitoring and evaluation of livestock production based programs and projects
- Livestock identification, registration and performance evaluation
- Mainstreaming climate change and adaptation strategies in livestock production.
- Mainstreaming of cross-cutting issues (gender, HIV I AIDS, drugs and substance abuse) in livestock production
- Providing an enabling environment for the development of the fisheries in the County
- Promoting sustainable utilization of inland and aqua-capture fisheries
- Enhancing aquaculture production
- Enhancing fish safety, quality assurance, value addition and marketing
- Improving service delivery
The committee has produced the following reports:
- Report of the Committee on Agriculture, Livestock, Fisheries and Cooperative Development on the Status of Implementation of Projects under the National Agricultural
- Report of Sectoral Committee on Agriculture, livestock,Fisheries and cooperatives on the Nairobi International Trade Fair
- Report- Agriculture of the nominees for the postion of the county chief officers
- Report-Agriculture of the nominees for the postion of the county chief officers
|Hon. Elizabeth Ndeleve Kibai||Chairperson|
|Hon. Martin Kimani Mwangi||V/Chairperson|
|Hon. Agnes Wanjiru Gakungugu||Member|
|Hon Benard Nyaga Kandia||Member|
|Hon John Gichovi Gatumu||Member|
|Hon. Patrick Njeru Mukavi||Member|
|Hon. Sicily Warue Mbugi||Member|