SPECIFIC MANDATES OF COMMITTEE.
The committee will oversight on:
- To increase enrollment at all levels of education
- To develop adequate and quality infrastructure particularly in lower parts of the County, urban slums and irradiate poverty, gender disparity, HIV and AIDs.
- To develop policies on special needs in education.
- Empowerment of Youth polytechnics, home craft centres and early childhood development.
(a) investigate, inquire into, and report on all matters relating to the mandate, management, activities, administration, operations and estimates of the assigned departments;
(b) study the programme and policy objectives of departments and the effectiveness of the implementation;
(c) study and review all County legislation referred to it;
(d) study, assess and analyse the relative success of the departments as measured by the results obtained as compared with their stated objectives;
(e) investigate and inquire into all matters relating to the assigned departments as they may deem necessary, and as may be referred to them by the County Assembly;
(f) to vet and report on all appointments where the Constitution or any law requires the County Assembly to approve, except those under Standing Order 198 (Committee on Appointments) ; and
(g) make reports and recommendations to the County Assembly as often as possible, including recommendation of proposed legislation.
- Report Education on the vetting for the positions of the county chief officers education and youth and sports
- Report of the Sectoral Committee on Education, Youth Empowerment and Sports on the Status of ECDE Centres within Embu County
|1||Hon. Patrick Njeru Mukavi||Chairperson|
|2||Hon. Edna Kanini Muisyo||V/Chairperson|
|3||Hon. Judy Mbuya Njue||Member|
|4||Hon. Rose Ruguru Kinyua||Member|
|5||Hon. Robert Njiru Ireri||Member|
|6.||Hon. Fredrick Mugendi Gatumu||Member|
|7.||Hon. John Ngari Mbaka||Member|