SPECIFIC MANDATE OF THE COMMITTEE;
- To promote socio-economic development in communities with emphasis on the disadvantaged members of society, and protect and safeguard the rights and welfare of
- To mobilize community resources to promote participatory projects and programmes
- To promote equal participation of both men and women in development issues through capacity Mobilization of local resources through promotion of projects in agriculture and small scale trade.
- Prevention & response to sexual & gender based violence.
- Capacity enhance on gender issues.
- Create social-economic opportunities
- Increase women participation in development
- Preserve and promote positive culture among the community
- Safeguard Embu’ s tangible and intangible cultural
- Conduct culture enhancement
- Establishment of herbal medicines
- Promote production and marketing of herbal medicine.
- Effective participation of the elderly in the cultural development
- Initiate elderly programmes
- Initiate disability support programmes
- enhance management and leadership of psychosocial groups for
MANDATE OF THE COMMITTEE;
(a) investigate, inquire into, and report on all matters relating to the mandate, management, activities, administration, operations and estimates of the assigned departments;
(b) study the programme and policy objectives of departments and the effectiveness of the implementation;
(c) study and review all County legislation referred to it;
(d) study, assess and analyse the relative success of the departments as measured by the results obtained as compared with their stated objectives;
(e) investigate and inquire into all matters relating to the assigned departments as they may deem necessary, and as may be referred to them by the County Assembly;
(f) to vet and report on all appointments where the Constitution or any law requires the County Assembly to approve, except those under Standing Order 198 (Committee on Appointments) ; and
(g) make reports and recommendations to the County Assembly as often as possible, including recommendation of proposed legislation.
The committee has produced the following reports:
- Report of the Committee on Gender, Culture, Children and Social Services on establishment of a Culture Festival in Embu County
- REPORT OF THE SECTORAL COMMITTEE ON GENDER, CHILDREN AND SOCIAL SERVICES ON THE ABORTED BENCHMARKING TOUR TO MOMBASA, KWALE AND KILIFI COUNTIES
- Final report gender on rape and sodomy
- Report- Gender on the vetting exercise of the nominee for the position of the county chief officer of embu-1
- Report of Sectoral Commitee on Gender, Culture, Children and Social Services on The Witchcraft Allegations Report of Sectoral Commitee on Gender, Culture, Children and Social Services on The Witchcraft Allegations (1)
- Report of Sectoral Commitee on Gender, Culture, Children and Social Services on The Witchcraft Allegations (2)
- Report-Gender on the vetting exercise of the nominee for the position of the county chief officer of embu
|1.||Hon. Peter Murithi Nyaga||Chairperson|
|2||Hon. Newton Kariuki Ndwiga||V/Chairperson|
|3.||Hon. Elizabeth Ndeleve Kibai||Member|
|4.||Hon. Murithi Njagi Kiura||Member|
|5.||Hon. Benard Nyaga Kandia||Member|
|6.||Hon. Edith Wanjira Nyaga||Member|
|7||Hon. Terry C. Wanja Mbuchi||Member|