The Directorate of Legislative Procedures and Committee Services has the following Departments
- Committeee Services Department
- Legislative and Procedural services Department
- Hansard Department
- Serjeant-At-Arms Department
Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities at this level will entail:-
Planning and co-ordinating functions and operations of Departments within the Clerk’s Chambers, namely: the Legislative, Procedural and the Table Office; The Committee Services; Hansard; serjeant at arms.
- Protocol and Conferences Office; County Assembly Organizations and Exchange Programs; Journals Office; and Administrative Duties;
- Assist the Clerk in offering advice on procedure and practice to the Speaker, other Presiding Officers and Members of County Assembly, the Clerk and staff of the county Assembly.
- Member, County Assembly Management and Staff advisory Committee.
Key Result Areas (Within Section)
- Procedure : County Assembly procedure, practice, conventions, tradition and etiquette
- Research : Search for fresh information / facts by consulting appropriate sources like documents or persons
- Committees : Offering administrative services to various types of County Assembly committees including the CASB
- Conferences : Activities pertaining to seminars and conferences for members of County Assembly and staff
- Journals and publications; Managing county Assembly journals and publications; Coordination of computerization efforts in the County Assembly; media coverage etc
- Protocol: Public relations activities including school visits to the Assembly