SPECIFIC MANDATES OF COMMITTEE.
The committee will oversight on:
TRADE, INVESTMENTS AND INDUSTRY.
- Develop an integrated trade data information system.
- Provide innovative business support services.
- Enhance Accessibility to Business Information.
- Facilitate Increased Access to Trade Finance through revitalization of Joint Loans Board Scheme.
- Monitoring the impact and Review the implementation of trade related legislations and regulations.
- Continuous engagement, information sharing and interaction between the National and County Governments on trade development issues.
- Facilitate the improvement of supply chain efficiency in wholesale and retail sector
- Provision of micro and small loans to existing traders through the joint loan board program.
- Training on basic bookkeeping/ proper accounting, loan usage and repayment.
- Availing information on businesses at strategically situated business information centres.
- Coordination and facilitation of the management and control of county specific tourism activities.
- Development of partnerships between county governments and other stakeholders in tourism matters.
- Development of community-based tourism projects and programs.
- Development of programs for attraction of tourism investments in the county.
- Enforcement of the provisions of the Tourism Act and any other laws related to tourism in the county.
- Rendering technical support to county based entities engaged in tourism activities and services.
- Soliciting of funds for development of tourism activities in the county.
- Sensitization of communities on conservation of tourism attraction.
- Marketing of the county tourism in collaboration with Kenya Tourism Board (KTB).
- Collection and compilation of tourism inf ormation and data in the county.
- Co-ordination and maintenance of tourism products and facilities standards and quality management in liaison with industry stakeholders.
a) Facilitation of Business and Entrepreneurship Development.
b) Improvement of business environment.
c) Support growth and development of wholesale and retail trade and markets.
d) Implementation of national tourism policies, strategies and programs at county level.
e) Development and implementation of tourism development plans.
The committee has produced the following reports:
- Report of Sectoral Committee on Agriculture, livestock,Fisheries and cooperatives on the Nairobi International Trade Fair
- Report of the sectoral committee on Trade, Tourism , Investment and Industrialization on the Embu County Investment and Development Corporation Bill, 2018
- Report of the sectoral committee on Trade, Tourism , Investment and Industrialization on the consideration of the Embu County Tourism Bill, 2018
- Report of the Committee on Trade, Tourism, Investment and Industrialization on Status of Mwea National Game Reserve
- Report of the Sectoral Committee on Trade, Tourism, Investment and Industrialization on the Consideration of the Embu County Tourism Bill, 2018. 2
- Report of the sectoral Committee on Trade, Tourism, Investment and Industrialization on the consideration of the Embu County Investment and Development Corporation Bill, 2018
- Report of the Sectoral Committee on Trade, Tourism, Investment and Industrialization on the Consideration of the Embu County Tourism Bill, 2018. (1)
|Hon. Masters Leonard Mwaniki||Chairman|
|Hon. Margret Lorna Kariuki||V/Chairperson|
|Hon. Paul Muchangi Njiru||Member|
|Hon. Rose Ruguru Kinyua||Member|
|Hon. Jane Ann Muthoni Muriithi||Member|
|Hon. Morris Muchiri Nyaga||Member|
|Hon. Philip Kinyutu Nzangi||Member|