Mandate of Public Accounts and Investment Committee
(1) There shall be a select committee to be designated the Public Accounts and Investment Committee.
(2) The Public Accounts and Investment Committee shall be responsible for-
(a) the examination of the accounts showing the appropriations of the sum voted by the County Assembly to meet the public expenditure and of such other accounts laid before the County Assembly as the Committee may think fit.
(b) the examination of the reports, accounts and workings of the County public investments;
(c) the examination, in the context of the autonomy and efficiency of the County public investments, whether the affairs of the County public investments, are being managed in accordance with sound financial or business principles and prudent commercial practices
(3) Despite paragraph (2) the Committee shall not examine any of the following, namely;
- Matters of major County or National Government policy as distinct from business or commercial functions of the public investments;
- Matters of day-to-day administration; and,
- Matters for the consideration of which machinery is established by any special statute under which a particular County public investment is established.
(4) The Public Accounts and Investment Committee shall consist of a chairperson who shall be a Member elected by the Committee from amongst the Members of the Committee nominated from the Party that is different from the party that nominated the Governor or has been elected as an independent candidate and not more than eight other Members.
(5) The Public Accounts and Investment Committee constituted by the County Assembly immediately following the general election shall serve for the period of the County Assembly term.
(5) The Public Accounts and Investment Committee shall elect a vice chairperson from amongst its Members.
(6) The Public Accounts and Investments Committee immediately following the general election shall serve for a period of three calendar years and that constituted thereafter shall serve for the remainder of the County Assembly term
|1||Hon Philip Kinyutu Nzangi||Chairperson|
|Hon. Edith Wanjira Nyaga||V/Chairperson|
|2||Hon. Nathan Kariuki Mwari||Member|
|3||Hon. Salesio Njeru Kimaru||Member|
|4||Hon. Sicily Warue Mbugi||Member|
|5||Hon. Edna Kanini Muisyo||Member|
|6||Hon. Masters Leonard Mwaniki||Member|
|7||Hon. Agnes Wanjiru Gakungugu||Member|
|8||Hon. Harison Muturi Sammy||Member|