- Community sensitization on land Adjudication Settlements procedures.
- County land management and administration policy implementation.
- Security of land tenure.
- County spatial planning.
- Urban management and Integrated urban development planning.
- Zoning and development.
- Land survey procedures.
(a) investigate, inquire into, and report on all matters relating to the mandate, management, activities, administration, operations and estimates of the assigned departments;
(b) study the programme and policy objectives of departments and the effectiveness of the implementation;
(c) study and review all County legislation referred to it;
(d) study, assess and analyse the relative success of the departments as measured by the results obtained as compared with their stated objectives;
(e) investigate and inquire into all matters relating to the assigned departments as they may deem necessary, and as may be referred to them by the County Assembly;
(f) to vet and report on all appointments where the Constitution or any law requires the County Assembly to approve, except those under Standing Order 198 (Committee on Appointments) ; and
(g) make reports and recommendations to the County Assembly as often as possible, including recommendation of proposed legislation.
The committee has produced the following reports:
- Report of the Committee on Lands, Physical Planning & Urban Development on the Status of Makawani Vocation Training centre land & Riakanau Market Land
- REPORT OF LANDS CMTTEE – TOPOGRAPHICAL MAPPING REPORT OF LANDS CMTEE ON THE EMBU MUNICIPAL CHARTER
- Report- lands on the vetting of the county chief officer nominee-1
|1.||Hon. John Gichovi Gatumu||Chairperson|
|Hon. Nathan Kariuki Mwari||V/Chairperson|
|2||Hon. Mbuchi Terry C.Wanja||Member|
|3||Hon. Salesio Njeru Kimaru||Member|
|5.||Hon. Kising’u John Harrison M.||Member|
|6.||Hon. Hon.Philip Nzangi Kinyutu||Member|
|7.||Hon. Jane Ann Muthoni Muriithi||Member|