Mandate of Budget and Appropriations Committee
(1) There shall be a select Committee to be known as the Budget and Appropriations Committee.
(2) The Committee shall consist of a chairperson, and not more than eight other Members.
(3) The functions of the Committee shall be to-
(a) investigate, inquire into and report on all matters related to coordination, control and monitoring of the of the County budget;
(b) discuss and review the estimates and make recommendations to the County Assembly;
(c) examine the County Budget Policy Statement presented to the County Assembly;
(d) examine Bills related to the County budget, including Appropriations Bills;
(e) evaluate tax estimates, economic and budgetary policies and programmes with direct budget outlays. and
(f) Such other functions as may be assigned by a County Legislation or this Standing Orders.
(4)The County Budget and Appropriations Committee constituted by the County Assembly immediately following the general election shall serve for a period of the County Assembly.
(5) Seven Members of the Budget and Appropriations Committee shall constitute a quorum.
(6) The Committee shall invite chairpersons of all Sectoral Committees to make presentations during the consideration of the budget.
|1.||Hon. Kisingu John H. Mwaluko||Chairperson|
|2||Hon. Robert Njiru Ireri||V/Chairperson|
|3.||Hon. Michael Njeru Kariuki||Member|
|4.||Hon. Steve Munene Mugendi||Member|
|5.||Hon. Newton Kariuki Ndwiga||Member|
|6.||Hon. Paul Muchangi Njiru||Member|
|7.||Hon. Agnes Wanjiru Gakungugu||Member|
|8.||Hon. Elizabeth Ndeleve Kibai||Member|
|9.||Hon Duncan Ireri Mbui||Member|